Similar to before this is for committed 8th graders and it is an invitation-only event. At this training here is what I did:
- Read and briefly walked through John 15:1-5, with the main point being: To be a great WL junior junior leader you need to stay connected/abiding in Christ (this is our #1 leadership principle for all levels of leadership in our area).
- We played a game (electricity, see below). I used it as an illustration about how the source (the first person in the line) is critical to pass the fruitful information along. The source (the leader) impacts everyone else, this is the role of the leader, to remain focused on Christ.
- Then I continued by giving them the handout (see below) and walking through it.
- I finished by giving them time to fill it out and then move into gender-specific small groups with their leaders to discuss further.
- I also gave them all a small gift (a custom YL lanyard for our area) and prayed for them.
Here is the handout for the training: Junior Junior Leader Training Handout (Updated)