Sometimes you need to mix it up for campaigners. Here’s an idea:
Use the attached “faces” handout (one of those sheets with different emotions on faces…) and ask your campaigners any of these questions:
- How do you feel today?
- How does your relationship with your parents feel right now?
- How do you hope to feel next week?
- Close your eyes and point at one face, describe a time when you felt that way…
- How do you feel about Jesus right now?
- How do you think Jesus feels about you right now?
Vision for Club
- How do most people at your school feel about God?
- How do most people feel about Young Life
- Which face seems least likey to become a Christian? Name a person at your school who is like that. Pray for them.
- Which one looks most like your YL leader?
- Have a contest to see who can make the best imitation faces on the sheet.
Obviously there are thousands of ways to tweak this. This can be especially helpful for getting guys to talk or to talk about their feelings.
2 thoughts on “Campaigners Chaos – Getting them to talk: Faces Handout”
This seems like a really good way to get the kids to talk about the way they feel about God. Sometimes it can be sort of hard to ask that question without it being slightly awkward, but with this activity it should really help the leader to learn more about the kids’ faith/lack of faith, etc.