I want to put together a checklist for leaders in training. It would be a 1st 30 days new leader checklist. In other words, it would be a list of the most important things a leader could do to get a great start as a YL leader. Here are a couple ideas…
- Spend at least 10 minutes (maybe more?) in uninterrupted prayer about being a YL leader.
- Go alone to the school when few people are there and walk around praying for kids, teachers, YL leaders, and other Christian ministries on campus.
- Go to an after school event (Contact Work level 1)
- Meet a student who has never been to YL (Contact Work level 2)
- Join a leader in a hangout time with club kids (Contact Work level 3)
- Learn 5 names each of: campaigner kids, club kids, kids who don’t know anything about YL.
- Read “Back to the Basics of YL”.
- Plan how to do a club talk that is basically your testimony.
- Read through the Book of Mark and find at least 10 stories that you could use in club talks.
- Meet with a trusted friend or mentor and explain why you are interested in being a YL leader, ask them what they think about your decision.
I’d like to compile about 30-40 great ideas and then pair it down to 10-20.
Leave your ideas in the comments below. Thanks!