Last Saturday we planned out our Fall 2011 clubs. I’ve mentioned it before but here is how we do it:
- I ask each leader to come with three new fully planned themed clubs (mixer, game, skit, additional fun things to spice it up)
- I write all of their ideas on a board with minimal explanation (do this part quick)
- We review the list to see if there are any obvious clubs that are basically the same, and then combine them
- I have everyone take a piece of paper and write down their top 5 (you could do as many as works for you obviously)
- This part may sound lame, but… I have them close their eyes and raise their hands as I say each club and I write down how many people voted for it (I don’t want people to think their idea was bad or know who did or did not vote for their ideas)
- When we are done I circle the top ideas. This semester we needed nine new clubs.
- Since I am the senior leader, I make some executive decisions about some of the clubs, but usually 95% of it is what we vote for.
- We then break up into teams and plan the clubs in detail.
- We finally come back together, explain our plans, tweak the ideas as a group and write them down.
This takes about 3 hours, but it saves you a ton of time during the semester so you can focus on prayer, contact work, relationships, team building, and all the rest. Hope that helps. Here is what we came up with, I will post the details as we type them up and fine-tune them.
If you need other great ideas you can also look here and here.
Oct 3 – Dub Step
Oct 10 – YL Club
Oct 17 – Bigger and Better
Oct 24 – Chipotle Club
Oct 31 – Halloween Club
Nov 7 – 80’s Workout
Nov 14 – Sock Club
Nov 21 – Turkey Club
Nov 28 – iClub
Dec 5 – Postit Note
Dec 12 – Duct Tape
Dec 19 – Christmas Club
Do you like YLHelp? Spread the word: email | twitter | facebook
4 thoughts on “Fall 2011 Club Plan Overview”
Hey any chance you want to throw all those clubs up on a word document and save me some trouble – old staff guy back in college (becoming a teacher) as a volunteer leader with a kid and little free time! Did that help sell you!!
Devon, I’d love to! But I haven’t put them together yet. I’ll usually put them up the week after we do them. Check out the other links on the page for dozens of other clubs that are ready to go!
What did ya’ll do for the chipotle club mixer? Any good games from that club, too? Sounds like a great idea!
We haven’t done it yet. I’ve done “burrito” club for WL before. We did this:
Mixer: Tortilla, Meat, Beans Dogpile ()
Get kids in teams of three. One kid in each group is the tortilla, one is the beans, one is the meat. When the music starts they need to all walk around and mix up. When the music stops the team of three needs to find each other and lay on the ground in this order: tortilla (bottom), meat (middle), beans (top). Repeat.
Participation Game: Burrito Eating Contest ()
Pick 3 people to have a burrito eating contest. First one to finish 2 bean burritos from Taco Bell.
Supplies: Burritos, trash bag.
Leader Skit: Blended Taco Bell Meal ()
Leader comes in with his head wrapped with toilet paper complaining that he broke his jaw and can’t chew anything. He is sooo hungry. His friend comes in and says that he wants to help feed him. He blends up a taco bell meal the person drinks it.
Supplies: toilet paper, blender, taco bell meal