Unfiltered Talk Notes: Junior High Camp Talks (3 of 5)
I’m posting a series of Wyldlife talks. See this post for the full explanation.
As I said earlier… My theme for all of the talks was to “Live Worthy – By Following Jesus – Through the Power of Jesus”. In each talk I used an analogy of “superheros” to add continuity and curiosity. I will post my unfiltered talk notes, so they may be a bit cryptic. They are literally typed into a “text box” the same size as my Bible so I can cut them out and clip them on the front of my Bible when I speak. So I have to keep them brief and a bit cryptic at times. You will typically see an intro story, a scripture story, and a key phrase I say verbatim at the end of the talk right before I pray. I also will include the cabin time questions. These could turn into campaigner questions if you wanted to use them that way.
Talk 3: Follow Jesus, He is Powerful to Trust/Risk (Mt. 14:22-32)
1. What is one of the biggest risks you have taken in your life? What is one of the biggest risks you want to take sometime in the future?
2. What feelings do people normally go through when they are in a risky situation? Why?
3. Why do you think Peter wanted to walk on the water?
4. What do you think the first step was like for Peter? What was the second step like?
5. How was Peter’s walking on water both faith and risk?
6. How do you know what risks Jesus wants you to take?
7. How can someone experience Jesus’ power when they put their faith/risk in action?
8. Peter’s focus wasn’t perfect. His first step was good but what did he need to do to stay afloat? Why?
9. What is a situation you need Jesus’ power right now in your life?
10. What is a situation where Jesus is asking you to have faith/risk?