- I ask each leader to come with three new fully planned themed clubs (mixer, game, skit, additional fun things to spice it up)
- I write all of their ideas on a board with minimal explanation (do this part quick)
- We review the list to see if there are any obvious clubs that are basically the same, and then combine them
- I have everyone take a piece of paper and write down their top 5 (you could do as many as works for you obviously)
- This part may sound lame, but… I have them close their eyes and raise their hands as I say each club and I write down how many people voted for it (I don’t want people to think their idea was bad or know who did or did not vote for their ideas)
- When we are done I circle the top ideas. This semester we needed nine new clubs.
- Since I am the senior leader, I make some executive decisions about some of the clubs, but usually 95% of it is what we vote for.
- We then break up into teams and plan the clubs in detail.
- We finally come back together, explain our plans, tweak the ideas as a group and write them down.
This takes about 3 hours, but it saves you a ton of time during the semester so you can focus on prayer, contact work, relationships, team building, and all the rest. Hope that helps. Here is what we came up with, I will post the details as we type them up and fine-tune them.
Oct 3 – Dub Step
Oct 10 – YL Club
Oct 17 – Bigger and Better
Oct 24 – Chipotle Club
Oct 31 – Halloween Club
Nov 7 – 80’s Workout
Nov 14 – Sock Club
Nov 21 – Turkey Club
Nov 28 – iClub
Dec 5 – Postit Note
Dec 12 – Duct Tape
Dec 19 – Christmas Club