- Jesus is the answer. Find scripture from the gospels that show what Christ has to say about this topic. Ask for help if this is hard.
- Apply it to your life and theirs. Give them a challenge.
- How does this fit everyday life?
- What does this look like when it is implemented?
- Get their attention. Find a personal or interesting story to illustrate the target issue. Most spend too much time on this part.
- Plan your last sentence, what is the last thing you want to say?
Club Talk Project Part 2 of 4:
Scripture: Woman at the well, John 4… Jesus knew everything about her.
Challenge: Give them 20 seconds of silence to think of one thing they would never want their parents/friends/church/YL leader to find out about them.
How this fits everyday life: How does it feel to hide secrets all day?
Get their attention: Start the talk by saying, “Tonight I’m gonna tell you something I never wanted my parents to know, and still don’t.” Wait until late in the talk to tell them. This will create curiosity.
Last sentence: Jesus already knows every secret you will ever have and still longs for you to know Him better.
(From previous post…)
Situation: Jim’s parents don’t really know him and he came to club for the social scene.
Club Talk Title: What if your parents knew EVERYTHING you do?
Main Point: Jesus knows everything you do, and it doesn’t phase him. He cares for you.