YLHelp’s aim is to provide resources for leaders to be in relationships.
Relationships aren’t scalable, resources are. YLhelp exists to save leaders time so they can be with people.
This website began as a place to post all of the things that I did in my club and provided for YL leaders that asked me for my resources. I’ve spent nearly a decade posting club plans, leadership ideas, games, skits, talk ideas, and so much more. Now that there are lots of great resources online, my primary focus is to make the most of my unique capacity as an experienced YL leader and staff person combined with my formal theological training as a theologian and professor of theology.
- Area Director, Paradise Valley Young Life (since 2002)
- YL National Training Department Instructor
- Arizona Region Student Staff Trainer
- Regular speaker, camp director, and program director at Young Life summer camps in the USA, Canada, and Scotland
- Grand Canyon University Instructor, College of Theology (since 2010)
- Grand Canyon University Curriculum Designer, College of Theology (since 2014)
- Ph.D, Systematic and Historical Theology (research area: salvation and conversion), University of Aberdeen (Scotland)
- Master of Letters (research area: New Testament and Patristics on early church gospel proclamation), University of Saint Andrews (Scotland)
- Master of Divinity (leadership emphasis), Phoenix Seminary
- Certificate in Youth Ministry, Fuller Seminary
- BSE, Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University
- Member and presenter at the American Academy of Religion, Evangelical Theological Society, and Society for the Study of Theology (Europe).