I’m posting a series of Wyldlife talks. See this post for the full explanation.
As I said earlier… My theme for all of the talks was to “Live Worthy – By Following Jesus – Through the Power of Jesus”. In each talk I used an analogy of “superheros” to add continuity and curiosity. I will post my unfiltered talk notes, so they may be a bit cryptic. They are literally typed into a “text box” the same size as my Bible so I can cut them out and clip them on the front of my Bible when I speak. So I have to keep them brief and a bit cryptic at times. You will typically see an intro story, a scripture story, and a key phrase I say verbatim at the end of the talk right before I pray. I also will include the cabin time questions. These could turn into campaigner questions if you wanted to use them that way.
Talk 5: Live Worthy – By Following Jesus – Through the Power of Jesus… Especially in Community
1. Why are the Avengers better together?
2. When was a time when you had to let others care for you the most? Did you like it?
3. How do you think the five guys in the story knew each other?
4. How would you describe the five guy’s friendship?
5. Why do you think the friends brought him to Jesus?
6. They dug a hole to overcome an obstacle to get to Jesus. What obstacles do you face?
7. Why did the man need forgiveness more than healing his body?
8. What would have happened to the paralyzed man without his friends?
9. Do you have any friends who are helping you go toward Jesus?
10. Who are your four?