Everyones doin’ it! They are text messaging. No big surprise, sorry. Lots of you might already have a flip phone, a Blackberry, a Motorola Brick, and some of you might even have an iPhone, but I know a lot of you have a Treo. I do.
For the last year or so I have been using a group or bulk text messaging program with my Treo 650 and then Treo 700
(they replaced the 650 when I dropped it… oops). It is fantastic. I have several groups, my club team, the other leaders in my area, my campaigner group. But best of all, a group called “Monday”. I text all my kids on Monday in about 30 seconds. BTW, here are a couple tips for texting…
- Try to keep it guys-to-guys, girls-to-girls… I’m sure you learned that in training.
- Use abbreviations, they do. So should u.
- At the end ask a brief question so you can interact with them either knowing if they are coming, what’s going on, or simply to just know they got the text.
- Within reason it is a good idea to text them while at school, maybe during lunch (don’t get them in trouble in class), so they can spread the news.
- Don’t text too much to kids who stop coming… it can be annoying.