I’ll keep this short and sweet. Post It Note club will stick with the kids for a long time. If you got the pun in there then you would probably like most of my jokes because they are almost all like that, really punny.
- I ask each leader to come with three new fully planned themed clubs (mixer, game, skit, additional fun things to spice it up)
- I write all of their ideas on a board with minimal explanation (do this part quick)
- We review the list to see if there are any obvious clubs that are basically the same, and then combine them
- I have everyone take a piece of paper and write down their top 5 (you could do as many as works for you obviously)
- This part may sound lame, but… I have them close their eyes and raise their hands as I say each club and I write down how many people voted for it (I don’t want people to think their idea was bad or know who did or did not vote for their ideas)
- When we are done I circle the top ideas. This semester we needed nine new clubs.
- Since I am the senior leader, I make some executive decisions about some of the clubs, but usually 95% of it is what we vote for.
- We then break up into teams and plan the clubs in detail.
- We finally come back together, explain our plans, tweak the ideas as a group and write them down.